Dr. Nicholas Appreh Siaw is a Senior Lecturer and Dean of the Faculty. Dr. Siaw has a PhD in Public Health from the University of Ghana. He is the author of the book ‘‘Management of Childhood Burns and Fall-related Injuries’’ and has published a dozen peer-reviewed articles in his research interest area, management and surveillance of common paediatric injuries with special interest in health-seeking behavior and home-based treatment and preventive practices; road safety, child safety, leisure safety, kitchen safety and playground safety.
Daniel Ofosu is an Assistant Registrar and the Administrator of the Faculty of Health and Allied Sciences. Mr. Ofosu holds an MSc in Business Decision Management from the Coventry University, UK and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and English from the University of Ghana. He is a communications specialist with a special interest in brand-reputation management and copywriting.
Mrs. Victoria Atuobuah Boadi is the Accountant of the Faculty of Health and Allied Sciences. She has an MBA in Finance from the Coventry University as well Bachelor in Commerce and Higher National Diploma in Accountancy from the University of Cape Coast and Koforidua Technical University (formerly Koforidua Polytechnic) respectively.
Dr. Edwin Okoampa Boadu is a Senior Lecturer and the head of the Biomedical Engineering Technology Department. He has a PhD in Microelectronics and Solid State Electronics (Material Science) from the University of Electronic Science and Technology, China (UESTC) and also holds an MSc in Telecommunication form the Almeda University USA . He also studied MSc. Pure Mathematics at the University of Newcastle.
Dr. Boadu is a member of the following professional associations:
- Full Member, IEEE, Microwave Theory and Techniques Society (2011 to Date)
- Full Member, Ghana Mathematics Society (GMS) since 2008
- Head of Department (HOD), Biomedical Engineering, KDUA POLY-(2016 to Date)
- Faculty of Health and Allied Sciences, Koforidua Polytechnic, Acting Dean and Vice Dean ( 2015 to Date)
- Faculty of Applied Science and Technology (FAST) Koforidua Polytechnic, Vice Dean ( 2009 – 2011)
- Head of Department (HOD), Applied Mathematics, Koforidua Polytechnic, (2009 – 2011)
- Academic Board Rep, Finance and General Purpose (2010 – 2011)
- Eastern Regional Mathematics Rep, Ghana Mathematics Society (2009 – 2011)
- Author, Accreditation Process and Review curricular – Telecom Program and Syllabus for B. Tech Telecom – KOFORIDUA POLY. (2010)
- Assessor, 4thApplied Research Conference, July 2011
- MATLAB, SPSS Facilitator (2011)
- Member, Admission Brochure Review (2010)
- Chairing Departmental meetings
- Invigilation of examination and marking of scripts
- Orientation of new staff and students to enhance teaching methods
KEY RESEARCH AREAS OF INTEREST
Dr Boadu’s current research area is on Thermal Management of Copper and Graphite,
The objectives of the research package is to experiment and document on carbon and copper as thermal management material for electronic packaging.
The purpose of this work is to demonstrate an optimized heat exchange design that best utilizes the excellent heat transfer properties of high conductivity Graphite. This would reduce the size and weight of the thermal management system.
Other interest areas are mathematical modelling, the use of software like Matlab and Ansys to model the thermal and structural behaviour of materials.
- Microwave/Millimetre Devices for Multilayer 3D-System -on –Packaging (SOP) Technology using Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP) material (Oral presentation) April 2012, Chengdu China.
- Assessing the thermal Management methods in system –on – packaging (SOP) Systems for electronic Packaging (2013 /09) Session 8: High Conductivity Materials and Heat Transport. Organized by Intel USA.
MANUSCRIPT IN PREPARATION FOR SUBMISSION FOR PEER REVISION
Carbon Foam thermal Management materials electronic packaging in systems – on – packaging (SOP)
- Edwin Okoampa Boadu, Yuan Lin 2014. Thermal analysis of laminated (Copper – Graphite) as Heat spreader Material. American Journal of Engineering Research, 3(5): 36 – 47.
- Gideon Naah, Edwin Okoampa Boadu, 2013. Clustering effects on Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks Performances. International Journal of computing science and information technology. doi: 10.5121/ijcsit.2014.6105.
- Edwin Okoampa Boadu. Assessing the thermal Management methods in system –on – packaging (SOP) Systems for electronic Packaging. International Microelectronics and Packaging Society Conference, 2013. CONFERENCE – USA
- O. Boadu, M.T. Elsir, M.A. Hossin, A. Amoah. Microwave/Millimetre Devices for Multilayer 3D-System -on –Packaging (SOP) Technology using Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP) material. IEEE, 2012. CONFERENCE – CHENGDU – CHINA
- Aboagye Isaac Adjaye, Okoampa Boadu Edwin, 2014. M-QAM Based Single-Carrier Baseband Communication System. Journal of Electronics and Communication Engineering. 9(5): 31 – 35.
- Edwin Okoampa Boadu, Gabrel Kofi Armah, 2014. Role-based access control based in hospital management. International Refereed Journal of Engineering and Science, 3(9): 53 – 67.
Mrs Mary Boampomaa Wilson is a Lecturer at the Biomedical Engineering Technology, and the acting Industrial Liaison Officer of the Faculty of Health and Allied Sciences. Mrs Wilson holds an MSc in Pharmaceutical Analysis and quality Control and a BSc in Biochemistry from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana, West Africa. Prior to joining this department in 2015, Mrs Wilson was a full time lecturer at the All Nations University College. She has been teaching since 2012 and her research interests focus on Medicinal plant and toxicology, stability study on artesunate based combination for malaria treatment.
Mr. Garba Issah is a part-time Laboratory Technician at the Department of Biomedical Engineering. He holds MTech in Electrical /Electronic Engineering and Bachelor of Engineering in Biomedical Engineering from Cape Coast University and All Nations University respectively.
Mr Issah has worked for more than seventeen (17) years at the Centre for Plant Medicine Research in Mampong-Akuapim as Chief Technologist/ Engineer. His research interest focuses on biomedical instrumentation.
MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE DEPARTMENT
Mr. Kwame Adomako Kwabia is a Lecturer and the head of the Department of Medical Laboratory Science in the Faculty of Health and Allied Sciences. He holds an MPhil in Zoology (Applied Parasitology) from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana. Mr. Adomako research interest areas include, Parasitological Diseases, Bacteriological Diseases, Viral diseases, Haematological Diseases and Clinical Chemistry. He is a member of the following professional bodies: Allied Health Professionals’ Council, Ghana Association of Biomedical Laboratory Scientists, and Research Initiative into Traditional Anti-Malaria (RITAM)
Dr. Isaac Acheampong Sarfo is a Lecturer at the Medical Laboratory Science Department. Dr Sarfo hold a PhD and Mphil in Clinical Psychology and has worked as a Clinical Psychologist and a Counsellor for more a decade. He has served as a Consultant to many local and multinational organisations. He also serves a resource person on stress management, emotional intelligence and leadership fora in Ghana.
Francis Abeku Ussher is a Lecturer with an MPhil in Haematology from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology. He has worked at the Eastern Regional Hospital for more than a decade in high capacities such as Medical Laboratory Technician, Biomedical Scientist and Deputy Chief Biomedical Scientist. His research interest areas include: effective diagnosis of malaria using haematological profile parameters, and haematological malignancies
Mr. Seth Boateng Tenkorang is a Clinical Microbiologist, medical research scientist and a health educator. He holds a Masters degree in Clinical Microbiology from Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi. His research interests are infectious diseases and vaccine immunology.
Mr. Thomas Kuwornu
Mr. Isaac Darban
Mr. Raphael Adomako
Ms. Bertha Sena Odoom