The Faculty of Health of Health and Allied Sciences started with a student population of one hundred and three (103) in August 2015. The first batch consisted of 70 and 33 students in the departments of Medical Laboratory Science and Biomedical Engineering Technology respectively, who were successfully matriculated in the 2014/15 academic year. But this figure has soared steadily over the past years.
FHAS is committed to providing an exceptional and distinctive learning experience for all students. To support this goal, the faculty provides strategic leadership for teaching and learning development. The faculty works in close partnership with Management of the university, local and international stakeholders to offer a range of unparalleled services for staff and students.
- 2016 Inauguration of the faculty (coming up)
- 2016 Faculty of Health and Allied Sciences participates in ‘Special Admission Durbar’ to give on-the-spot admission to prospective students and also provide free medical screening to the people in the New Juaben Municipality
- 2016 Maiden industrial practical attachment for students of FHAS (end of the second semester of 2015/16 academic year)
- 2016 Maiden Health walk/ medical screening for the staff of Koforidua Technical University
- 2016 Medical screening for first-year students during the 2015/16 academic year
- 2016 Presence on social media
- 2016 A team of five students from the faculty selected to undertake a year project ‘Youth Empowerment’ funded by Osei Kusi Foundation to add value to ‘gari’ processing at Okrakwadwo in the Eastern Region, Ghana
- 2016 Participant: Indian-Ghana Relations international workshop on the theme ‘Empowering the Youth’ at the University of Ghana, 13th June, 2016
- 2016 Publication of book ‘‘Management of Childhood Burns and Fall-related Injuries’’ by Dr. Nicholas Apreh Siaw
- 2016 Dean hosts dinner in honour of the sports personalities who represented the faculty at the 12th Annual Inter-departmental Athletic Festival
- 2016 First ever participation in the 12th Annual Inter-departmental Athletic Festival held at the school field on 17th to18th March, 2016.
- 2015 Master Ernest Wilson, President, Association of Health and Allied Students (AHASS) honoured as “SRC Emerging Leader of the Year 2015”
- 2015 Formation of the Association of Health and Allied Students
- 2015 Miss Afua Oserwaah Adisi, student, Biomedical Engineering Technology crowned as the winner of “Miss Akwaaba 2015”
- 2015 Successful election of interim executives of the Association of Health and Allied Students (AHASS)
- 2015 Designing a logo for the Faculty of Health and Allied Sciences (AHASS)
- 2015 Presentations at the maiden Faculty Research Seminar Series organized by the Research and Innovation Directorate of the University
- 2015 Constitution of a Faculty Board/ Faculty Research Team
- 2015 Orientation/ matriculation of pioneering students